The primary objectives of the Center include:
- Performing basic research in technical aspects of wireless information networks.
- Participate in the development of experimental test beds and performance monitoring tools.
- Developing experimental sites and performance evaluation facilities for comparative studies of alternative wireless systems.
- Developing a mechanism by which engineers in industry can participate in a state-of-the-art training program in wireless information networks
- Developing the expertise needed to complete short-term proprietary research programs for individual corporate members.
- Organizing workshops, symposia and short courses to educate engineers about wireless networks and create an atmosphere conducive to information exchange among the participating corporations.
- Coordinating basic research and work on regulatory issues in the wireless information network industry and the portable mobile industry.
- Provide on-sight training to engineers in the industry.
- Provide corporate and technical consulting to wireless programs in the industry.
- Serve as a center for information exchange among different sectors of the wireless data industry by participating in the publication of articles and journals and in the organization of conferences.